INQUIRY

Send Your Suggestions and Feed backs to dil_scoop@live.com

Feb 10, 2011

Dilly speaks about the Big Event.

"Everything is going well at the moment for us and we are looking forward to the World Cup," Dilshan said. "Whenever I get a chance I want to get a start and capitalize on that and get big runs. I am going to give 100% for the team and am looking forward to the games."


"I batted at No. 7 from 1999 to 2008. I felt I could do more at the top of the order and I volunteered to open. I had a chat with Mahela [Jayawardene] and he said, 'okay you first play in the domestic season and let's see'. I got the Man of the Series in the domestic tournament and from there my game totally changed. The last two or three years have been my best in both Test and one-day cricket," Dilshan said. 



Dilshan said that Sri Lanka's consistency in the ODI format leading up to the World Cup, would hold them in good stead for the tournament."If you take the last 15 months, we have played 27 ODIs and lost only six. Now, that's quite a good record. We are very consistent and it's a very good sign as well."
Dilshan, one of Sri Lanka's best fielders, said fielding would play a key role in the tournament. "We've had good fielding sides right throughout. We are doing a lot of practice with our fielding coach Ruwan Kalpage. We are training in some new fielding methods and the results can be seen in how we have done in the last couple of matches."
Sri Lanka play two warm-up games against Netherlands and West Indies. They open their World Cup campaign against Canada in Hambantota on February 20.   [Source : ESPN ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts